Tuesday 11 May 2010

Tuesday update

Four relatively comfortable straight set wins in my four bets. Three in my advantage and mathieu against me. Bellucci and Gulbis both lose first service games, to make me a little uncomfortable but recover to win relatively well.

These courts look to be playing very fast for a clay court from what i've seen. Based on that was thinking of backing berdych or karlovic. First up nalby has had a big layoff and hard to know what he'll produce. Berdy's price seems on the fall which has put me off as if berdych had of been around 2.2 or more i would have probably backed him.

As for karlovic didn't think i'd ever back him against verdy on a clay court. This is one im considering a lot however given the conditions may be well in karlo's favour. Verdy looked v tired last time against ferrer and may be looking towards RG and karlo is not the man to face without full concentration. This is not a given, however, as he has been off for around ten days now and could enter the week looking to find more form for rg. I remember backing karlo against verdy at wimb 09 as he was on a good run. Verdy while looking to be playing some nice stuff and looking relatively comfortable, lost his composure and lost a few vital points gifting karlo the match in 4. Verdy seems stronger mentally now however, and i remember him out gunning isner, who had just been through a final set tb with roddick round before. in us open 09. He like gulbis seems to have found the form he promised and his run on the dirt has been remarkable. I will give it a think and if price goes much bigger than now (around 5.7) I have to give it a go. Further, verdy is 1.66 to lay in straight sets which is another option.

There we go, any views would be appreciated. I think im mad even contemplating ivo but i have a little feeling. Isner is another who should win. I was expecting lower than current 1.35 but after last week's tame finish can't entertain backing him, even though i do think he really should win.

For the reocrd the bank stands at £1205.40. I might be back later with either karlo or berdych. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment