Monday 10 May 2010

A New Beginning

I have been betting on tennis now for a few years now. At the start it began as a little fun after a wimbledon, which i would follow religiously every year and then watch no tennis the rest.

I was poor and dabbled in accas on other accounts. This was before i realised betfair and their inflated prices. For the last year and a half i have been here and have moved on as a gambler and my knowledge is decent now but i hope through this thread it will be greatly improved through the obvious critiscism i will recieve. All constructive criticism is welcome.

Throughout my time here i would be in profit but quite modest profit. I have bet quite off the cuff. Usually i would select a player i thought was value and would dabble in play. This was time consuming and when hit a bad run my stakes may increase. I want a break from this type of gambling

I have now decided to put a bank into place, put in more research to my picks and just pick players outright and not alter in-play depending on my thoughts. I want to see with discipline if my outright selections can lead to a decent profit. I believe by recording everything here i can keep myself in check.

My other source of gambling on here has been laying football teams from the start based on value. This has been easy to stay disciplined as i would never look at the markets in play. This has proved profitbale since i started in around december.

As the football season is drawing to an end i have decided to put all my efforts into tennis and want to see how i perform. I started yesterday with a bank of £1000 and at the end of the day after backing karlovic, Dolgopolov Jr and cilic the bank now is 1067.30 which will be my start bank.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment